What are your favorite books that you read in high school that you can just read over and over again?

The one from high school was Holes.
I love that book
The other 2 were Jr High High School books but we read them in 4th grade and I still love them
Daniels Story and Behind the bedroom wall
Both of those take place in WWII
Daniels Story is about a Jewish boy and his family going to the camps It is an amazing book .
Behind the bedroom wall is a story of a german girl who loved hitler but then found out her parents were hiding a mother and daughter behind her wall then started having a change of heart as she got toknow the 5 year old girl in hiding.

What are your favorite old books from high school?

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• salexandra ~ I read just about everything on your list, too, in school! I actually liked reading Lord of the Flies for some strange reason. We also read And Then There Were None, which was a good one. Edgar Allen Poe became a favorite of mine, but I could never get into Shakespeare!

I'm so pleased to see some of the same books being read from the time I read them!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:37 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i havent read any of the books from high school yet..lol im just starting to enjoy reading again. i have started reading books by V.C Andrews that i first started reading when i was in middle school.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I love reading where the red fern grows. I know it's rediculous but i just love that book. I also started reading Dean Koontz while I was in High School and still enjoy reading his books.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Hm we never read any books in our english class to be honest. We read plays and poetry alot! But the one book we did read was "A child called it" ... i CRIED! I got to one part and left the classroom bc it was too sad. I was in a class w/ the football/basketball players and to see them teary eyed and leave the room, and than ask about the author and how he is now,and how someone could do that to a child...and just the questions they asked were very heartfelt
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 9:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Where are the Children - Marry Higgins Clark
    Phantom - Susan Kay

My copies of these are literally falling apart!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My copies of these are literally falling apart!
    ---
    lol i have 2 books like that that are falling apart. I have a biography on allen iverson and she said yes - the columbine story ... and i opened up the biography the other day and a page fell out , i said "noooooooooo" like they do in the movies when someone gets shot! LOL
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 9:58 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Pride and Prejudice, I cannot ever read that book enough. We read, Inherit the Wind, A Raisin In The Sun, The Red Badge Of Courage, Animal Farm, Lord Of The Flies, Catcher In The Rye, The Scarlet Letter, Wuthering Heights, Many of Edgar Allen Poe's stories, but he is not really a fave of mine. I will never remember all of them, but I took an American Lit class as a Sophomore and it was my favorite class off all time...Oh and Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, loved Tennessee Williams and Samuel Clements.  Love Gone With The Wind.  I am a book worm.  The above books I was forced to read in school and I loved them.  But I love all kinds of books from classics to trash.  Love LaVryle Spencer and Rosemary Rogers.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:08 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My mom introduced me to Cynthia Voight's "Dicey's Song" and "the homecoming" and there are several others in the series. They are awesome! Also, loved "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury and "Watership Down"

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I have a few: (not in order of my favorites)-just numbered
    1. Where The Red Fern Grows
    2. A Night to Remember
    3. The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman
    4. Where the Heart Is
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:31 AM on Sep. 15, 2009