Agression Relief?!?!? Any Ideas?!?

Sometimes my husband makes me so angry I just want to let loose on him! I of course never do, but, I just get so mad that I wanna hit something! Any ideas on how I can relieve some of this agression?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• breathing and counting. take deep beaths, count to 10, and take a walk.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I drag out nevery pot and pan and scrub them with an s.o.s. pad-they don't even need it. I also make bread. You can pound on that and dig your fingers into it has hard as you want. Dealing with dh is like dealing with a kid, just bigger toys
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 10:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• yep I do the whole cleaning thing when I'm mad I clean like crazy scubbing everything spotless. Once my dh said you always clean when you get mad I said well its better than hitting you lol..............
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I clean the toilet with his tooth brush and barely rinse it off. I am amused when I watch him brush after that and don't let him get near me to kiss me. I am only still here until I can save enough in case something happens. I make enough to pay the mortgage and all the bills just need a nest egg. One day he will come home to changed locks. The tooth brush for cleaning keeps me from hurting him.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You need to learn to tell him what he has done that makes you angry. You need to learn to express yourself to him in ways that don't sound accusatory or condemning. Emotions buried alive never die. They will continually come back to bite you, and you could even end up depressed. Anger is just an emotion like all the rest. It needs to be appropriately expressed. It doesn't mean that you have to be ugly, just honest.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

I communicate w/him really well. But, I have to do it @ the right time. When he's grumpy & not in the communicating mood, I refuse to talk to him to avoid any outbursts or the possibility of making things worse. So I grit my teeth until then & need a way to release the anger before I sit down like an adult to communicate. So while I believe your advice is really good, I need a way to stay calm during that "Inbetween Time". There's no use in talking to someone who won't listen b/c of the mood they're in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2009