When your SO makes you mad

do you say something right away or do you save it up and hit em with a month's worth of stuff at once?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh forsure.. it just comes out.. i dont like to bottle things up.. it doesnt help anything..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 10:16 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i say what i feel when i feel it. holding things in will only make it worse.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I say it now - Much like the gub'ment I can't let a good crisis go to waste - even a small one. LOL

No, seriously, deal with it now and you don' t have to worry about it later. The best time to relate your true feeling are when they are still fresh. (not your anger or temper - that's why I sometimes take a 24 hour rule) but I never let it go past that. To me, carrying that stuff around is like volunteering to suffer without reason.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Well, with my fiance, I tell him right away. When I was married to my ex, I used to save it up, b/c he would rarely listen to me, so I saved it all up and blew up at him. I found that it just made me more angry to sit on it and think on it, than to just come right out and say, "hey, this made me mad." Plus, my fiance would rather me tell him up front that I'm upset so we can work on it and get it behind us rather than let it build and become bigger than it needs to be.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:19 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I pick my battles. I have a temper, and for me it isn't really the best idea to get into an argument with him when I am all riled up. I walk away until I cool off, and then I decide if it is really something that is worth being upset over or if I am just making a mountain out of a molehill and it's just better to let it go. If it was something that really is a problem, I let him know that it really did upset me and can we talk about it and resolve it. It usually works out a lot better for us to come back to the issue when we aren't all pissed off about it than to fight about it when we are.

I have other ways of venting and releasing my anger than to argue with my husband about it in the heat of the moment. I do vent and release it rather than storing it all up to hit him with later.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:32 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Well, we don't fight. I let him say his part as well as listen to him instead of think of a response. When he is done he lets me say mine. We both do this in calmly. I grew up in an atmosphere where my parents fought all the time, and I couldn't stand it so I don't do that. and for five years it has worked and we live in a calm peaceful house, and we wouldn't want it anyother way.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I say something right away, but when he gets defensive then there is no reasoning with him or getting him to listen so I just bide my time. Fortunately, he is the type of person to think things through and address it later on, so I wait for him to come to me and we discuss things calmly. I never accuse him of anything, I just point out what is bugging me and we come to a compromise or apologies are made.
    I think we have a good marriage the way we are able to work out our differences and are able to listen to each other when we realize we have been bullheaded and wrong.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:34 AM on Sep. 16, 2009