What are some tips on easing labor?

ive heard like walking and stuff will ease labor, is it true and what are some more tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Epidural lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• lol yes epidurals are quite nice....but if you want one, you need to wait til you are 4-5 cn. dilated because otherwise it may wear off before the delivery. playing music, talking to family, concentrating on focal objects, watching TV....all of those things helped me greatly-but what helped me most was closing my eyes and breathing.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:14 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Yelling helped me when I ws in labor with my second child, didn't get my epi till I was 7 cm. With my son I got my epi at around 4 cm, but I had been in labor for nearly 24 by then, and nothing helped
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:16 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• there are many ways. yes, walking does help. you can also get a birthing ball and use that for diff positions or just to sit and sway on. there are also diff methods that you can try. bradley method and hypnobirthing are 2 ways.
    just trying diff positions can help too. lying on your back is the WORST position to be in. it makes labor harder and more painful.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• There are many ways. Go here: http://www.birthingnaturally.net/pain.html

Pay particular attention to the "fear pain tension" article and also there is a whole lot of links on the left about comfort measures detailing relaxation techniques and positional changes.

There are many things you can do. Some women find being vocal releases tension and helps a lot, other women prefer to be zen and completely relaxed and ride the tide.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:36 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

•  

http://www.birthingnaturally.net/cn/positions.html

Choosing a natural childbirth lets you create the birthing environment you desire and liberates you from the restrictions caused by many hospital interventions while still ensuring safety for both mom and baby. More women are choosing natural childbirth each year.

When birthing moms are allowed to move freely, spend time in the water, and eat and drink while in labor, they find it easier to relax. Increased relaxation helps make labor go more quickly and safely for both mom and baby.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:38 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Hypnobabies!!!! I did it for my 3rd and LOVED it. I did the home study course because it was cheeper than going to the class. I liked it a lot more than an EPI (had EPI's w/ my first 2, not my 3rd) http://hypnobabies.com/
    Water helps too
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:44 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i labored in the jacuzzi for a couple hours and it helped A LOT. imo the epidural just makes it worse because you cannot move and you have an IV and monitor and catheter and lots of other thingies sticking in you. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• zachys: "Yelling helped me when I ws in labor with my second child"

me too, only my nurses referred to it as "vocalizing" LOL!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2009