after ur babys belly button fell off, was it gooey inside?

it looks nasty and gooey?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LMAO! its not their belly button that falls off , its the umbilical cord, and i cant remember but i dont think so.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:14 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It will be soft, because it's been covered up, but then will scab over. If it has green tint to it or a nasty smell, you might want to have it checked for infection. Try call a nurse to see if you should wash it, or leave it alone.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:17 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My daughter's looked like that. I would find oozey crust in it for like 2 months after it happened! I think it's just part of the healing process.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• His belly didn't fall off. The cord did. ;)

But no it wasn't nasty and gooey- sounds like it needs to be looked at
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 10:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• when both my boys' fell off i still cleaned it with the alcohol pad things they give you at the hospital....i did that for another week and its fine now
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Only happened to one out of my 5. The doctor gave me silver nitrate sticks to dip in water then "paint" his belly button with. It dries it out. Watch out though, it stains permently everything it touches purple.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Yes. It's a bit gooey with ooze that is left behind from the umbilical cord stump and sometimes there is just a bit of dark blood mixed in. Nothing to worry about at all. Just clean gently with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol and fold the diaper down to keep exposed to the air so it will heal.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2009