Crash

Okay so I know this probably isnt good, but I just had a baby 8 weeks ago ang gained over 75 pounds with this baby. Well I have like 27 left and I cant seem to get it off. I was wanting to do some sort of maybe crash diet or something that will work fast and then I will keep it off. Holidays are right around the corner and I need to do something fast. Has anyone done anything of the sort? What did you do? For how long? And how did it make you feel. I was thinking about only protein shakes and maybe a protein bar a day. What are your thoughts. I dont want to harm myself either though so thats why Im asking.

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 10:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You need to keep your nutrition intake without consuming sugar and refined foods. Protein shakes do nothing but help shrink your stomach and you really should have AT LEAST one full meal a day when you use them.

An easier and better way to do it is to cut out breads, pasta, rice and potatoes. An omelet or veggie frittata for breakfast with a glass of vegetable juice (NO V-8 Fusion or Splash), a huge chef salad for lunch and lean meat & steamed veggies with a salad for dinner will boost your nutrient consumption and cut back on "empty" calories. Be sure to have a snack mid morning and mid afternoon, and another small one a couple of hours before bed: 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, low fat cheese sticks, sugar free jello or pudding, one piece of fresh fruit, veggies & dip, a handful of nuts. No fruit juices. Drink decaf tea, coffee, Crystal Light or water only. High fiber whole grains are also advised.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Eat cottage cheese but I am going to tell you that you wont have no energy with an crash diet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• So just eat only cottage cheese? Like how many times a day would you eat it?
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 11:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Is your milk dried up? If not start pumping because you will lose so much weight that way! I quit losing weight when I quit pumping :(
    tgentosi

Answer by tgentosi at 11:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Reduce or eliminate sugar consumption. Exercise. Don't starve yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If you're still nursing don't do it because you will lose your entire supply. You can easily lose the weight without a crash diet, join sparkpeople.com and track your calories. Go on walks, eat healthy. It's not healthy for you to do a crash diet and you're more likely to gain the weight back if you do that anyway.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No Im not nursing anymore. It didnt work out in the first place or yes I would still be. Well if not a crash then how can I loose 27 pounds before Turkey day.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 12:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• starve yourself, the stars do it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• 27 lbs by Thanksgiving is totally possible, that's 10 weeks away, averaging 2.7 lbs per week (bit more than they recommend but doable.) I suggest just what michiganmom116 said with the food. And throw in some exercise as well, take baby for a walk, do pilates while watching tv, etc. You can totally do it. My goal is to lose 15 more lbs by Nov 13th, I just have to quit visiting Jack in the Box first LOL!
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No Crash diets girly... your health is more important than losing weight... come on now... lets start walking our babies! That is what we should do... wanna walk tonight?
    Krissi041208

Answer by Krissi041208 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009