Anyone else got scammed by the Malibu Pilates chair? Got charged all this extra money cause I didn't read the disclosure properly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Shopping

• How much did that cost you? Please share more details with us.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 11:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I think they advertised it to cost no more than$20, if I remember correctly..but later, in text form, and not in numeric, which is why I didn't bother to read (even though normally, I take time to read the fine prints...but they were regular prints, that's the worst part!), but then, had an additional charge per months to add up to somewhere in the $300!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Usually those things have a 30 day trial or some such for a small amount then if you decide to keep it they charge you the rest. It's hardly a scam, most people have the common sense to realize that something that big and complex will cost more than $20.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 12:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Ya, the offer did sound too good to be true. Plus, I never trusted the infomercials!! lol And you're right, it did have a 30 days return policy but since it's an exerciser and we all lack of motivation, we didn't take it out of its box until 2 months later! lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Anonymous 10:04 "...since it's an exerciser and we all lack of motivation, we didn't take out of its box until 2 months later!"

LOL! You really made my day....that's funny.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 1:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• @ocsosomom Well..heck ya. That's why I'm not at the gym, but watching infomercials on TV and using the exerciser as a clothes rack...Sigh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• @RhondaVeggie Thanks for implying I'm dumb. But you did it very in a very polite way, I must give that to you. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I have never met anyone who bought something from an infomercial!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• well, this was my first and last time...oh wait..I do use Bare Mineral, but that was recommended by a friend and I love this line of make-up. But otherwise, I won't order anything from infomercials again...not until it show up at Bed Bath & Beyond and it says " As seen on TV" ..maybe...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Anonymous 10:38, really? hmm....
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 6:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009