What does experience as a stay at home mother teach that education can not?

Are there experiences that have helped you grow as a woman due to being a stay at home mom that you never learned anywhere else?

Harlem-GADiva

Asked by Harlem-GADiva at 11:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• taking care of the home,cooking for your family,cleaning,responsiblities,school never teaches u repsonibilities these days.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I agree with angelairelan...you learn responsibility. Also, time management, no one teaches you time management these days.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Well, being a working mom will teach you time management that's for sure. I think the one thing I have learned...and I have been both working and stay at home mom...is how very easy it is to screw up another human being by the choices you make for them when they are little. I was very careful to think about major decissions such as education, religion etc. Even every day things like potty training...you can never be to careful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2009