Do you think I would kiss my baby as much if she was a girl?

I have a boy and I can't stop smooching him and I was wondering if some moms with both sexes noticed the level of affection they gave. If it made any difference. Of course, I imagine you will love them both, but the physical contact part...if unconsciously you'd be more cuddly with a boy. You know, with that whole Oedipus theory and all....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• i smooched on my dd alot when she was a baby (still do when she lets me) and i kiss my baby boy alot too....
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I kiss both of my kids equally. It doesn't matter if it is a boy and girl to me. They are my kids. It shouldn't stop you from making both of them feel loved by you.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Makes no difference... your baby is your baby, doesn't matter if its a boy, girl or has 3 heads, kwim?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:08 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No! I know that. I ADORE my son and I know if I had a girl someday, I would ADORE her AS MUCH! My question was more, like on a subconscious level. If moms were more cuddly with their boys because they were boys. Just wondering. I saw other moms (but then, they're not the most affectionate kind of person to start with) with their girls vs other with boys and the kisses seemed different. Not the quantity but the type of kisses, games etc...dunno. It's a silly thought anyways I must admit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Before I had my boy, I had 2 girls and yes, I did love my girls but just not in the same way as I did with my son. I did/do cuddle more with my boy...I admit that one thing is he is my last baby and the other is he is a boy.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 11:12 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• @ocsosomom Interesting. But again. He is your third baby and first boy. But interesting. I was curious if some moms noticed any difference, even when LOVING BOTH of the genders equally. Thanks for sharing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I kissed all my babies to bits. I couldn't help it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• yeah i think that theory was dismissed to be a bunch of crap....
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Meh, I don't think it has as much to do with sex as it does with your bond with each child. I have 2 boys, my lil one gets cuddled and kisses way more than my oldest ever did. But I had very severe PPD with my oldest and didn't really bond with him... The lil one is my baby... Still. I don't think that would be different if they were girls... It's just a bond thing, not a sex thing.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• What types of kisses do you give your boy that you have to wonder about this? I don't know, I kiss all my kids the same, why would their sex matter? That's kind of strange to wonder about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009