Do you let them stay home from school?

Do you let your teen stay home from school when they are not feeling well. No temp, No puking but just not feeling well? If so how often?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 11:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• No only if they had a temp or puking.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 11:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• The rule I grew up with and the rule I have in my house is...if you are not throwing up, have diarreha (sp?)or a fever you go to school. Everything else they can take something for and go to school. If you stay home you are in bed no TV or computer. Just rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Nope

Answer by rkoloms at 11:35 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It depends on the child. My son never runs a fever, only with strep and the flu, so that isnt' a good indication on whether or not he's sick. Right now he feels like total ass and I had to pick him up from school again, i'm just keeping him home the rest of the week. But he doesn't have a fever, but his head feels like it's going to explode and he's got a very barky cough.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Mine gets migraines and can barley walk, so I let him stay home today. DH doesn't think I should but I don't think he is going to do well in school if he cant concentrate. Am I wrong?
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 11:40 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Usually they will only get to stay home if they are running a fever or throwing up, my son is home sick today, he's not running a fever but he is showing other flu like symptoms so his dad thought he should stay home.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No. They'd have to be running a fever, be throwing up or have a sore throat to stay home. They don't get sick though and both have perfect attendance.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If my daughter is sick, She is only 7. Throwing up, Diarrhea, sore throat, really bad cough or fever I keep her home. If she has a little headache I give her tylenol and by the time it is time for her to go to school the Tylenol has already taken effect. But, if she is sick and does stay home from school. She isn't allowed outside to play or for anything else.running around the house etc. And she knows the rule, So she doesn't try to do what she isn't allowed.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Yes I do. My daughter was really tired this morning and said she didn't feel well, so I let her play hooky and we went and sat on the beach with a coffee. It was really nice spending that time with her. She's 13 and pulling away from me lately so I loved the quality time with her. I dont do that very often, well, hardly at all really but, I am glad that I did today
    IAmFreeToDance

Answer by IAmFreeToDance at 10:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• dillonsma: You are NOT wrong. My son also gets migraines and he cannot function when he has them. Light and noise cause excruciating pain and he cannot concentrate. Sometimes, a person can be sick without a fever, throwing up or diarreah. If my child is miserable, it makes no sense to send him to school.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2009