What event/comment/moment forced you to have the most open mind you've ever thought you could have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A very VERY POOR choice in a sexual partner that resulted in an unplanned pregnancy. I had been seperated for over a year from my now ex DH I had three young children and the divorce was not yet final. He lived in a near by apartment. I thought we were friends, he helped me with an auto repair,I got my mom to get him a very good union job where she and my brother worked. We became sexually(not to be confused with romantically) envolved and the condom broke.I got pregnant, and for the first time ever in my pro-life life did I consider an abortion as an option.I was scared shitless.How would I explain this to my kids and family I wound up having a misscarriage about 2 1/2 months along.He proceeded to run his mouth at my moms work about what we did in bed together...My whole family was humiliated, I denied it all becase I thought my mom was going to have a heart attack.Lesson learned.don't judge til you walk in anothers shoes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Don't judge indeed. We never know until things happen to us. Thanks for sharing your story. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Me, I think, was deciding to circumcise my son. I was totally against it but still went ahead since DH really made a case out of it (him being circumcised too). And you know, there's no compromises in there...you either chop or don't. Finally, baby didn't seem to suffer that much, even though I don't like making a body alteration to my baby without his consent. It's his body after all, even though it may hurt him more if we do it later. It's like piercing ears for little baby girls. I would wait until they come and ask me to do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2009