period after stopping depo(tmi)

k so i mised my shot (sep3) had sex the 6th. yesterday around 3pm i was having cramps and iw ent to the bathroomk and sure enough there was blood it was very light but then 30 mts later is stopped. i thought it was my period but i only bleed(more like spotted) for maybe and hour. so could thi be my perid wanted to start or something else. i havent spotted or bleed at all since yesterday at 3pm.

piwife

Asked by piwife at 11:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Health

• from what i'm learning the depo can really throw you for a loop lol.....not sure how long you've been on the shot. after coming off of it your body though needs to re-adjust . That means of course that your period could be irregular. I never had probs til this last shot (july 15th) then i was thrown for a loop. been spotting off and on now for the last two months. soooo my point is, it could be that. was sept 3rd your shot date? or the last day to get it (since as you know you have a week from that date to get shot). if its within the week, i wouldnt stress pregnancy too much, but as always if you're concerned get a hold of your dr and see when they think you should test.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i had only been on 6 mts. my day to get it was august 20 last day sep3. but i missed.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:27 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• The depo can very in each person, It can also through you all off, I had spoting if I missed my shot. Aslo when i went off it i didnt get my period for 1.5 yrs the doctors had to force it on with hormone pills. I may never beable to give birth again because of this shot. and I was only on it for 1 yr
    mememecassie

Answer by mememecassie at 12:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009