Did you guys see this about Jessica Simpson's dog?

From what I read it was snatched by a coyote right in front of her. That's so sad, I can't imagine seeing my pet go through something like that. I just wonder what the circumstances were, like where the dog was at the time that a coyote could get to it and stuff, have you guys heard about this? I didn't know that coyotes would go after something like a dog to eat?

jillisue808

Asked by jillisue808 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pets

• Coyotes are becoming more aggressive. Where I live, they charge us so when we sit outside, even during the day, there is an arsenal on the picnic table. They are packing up in groups of 30-40.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Wow that's scary!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i'd laugh haha stupid jessica
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• What!? Where was she that there were coyotes? We have coyotes around here, last night DH heard them going off on something. He didn't see them but said they sounded like they were n the neighbors yard. Scary.

RaeLynn1221

Answer by RaeLynn1221 at 12:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• LOL. Okay I am sorry that the dog was taken by a coyote, and I do feel bad for Jessica. BUT OMG I cannot believe she thinks she will get her dog back. Poor girl.
    RaeLynn1221

Answer by RaeLynn1221 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• That's so sad for the poor dog. What a way to go. :( But I'm not surprised. As long as humans keep encroaching on the natural habitats of animals like coyotes and bears there will be encounters like this.

RaeLynn - there are a lot of coyotes in the hills of LA where a lot of celebs live.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My grandmothers dog and aunts cat was both killed by coyotes. The dog was taken in the hills of Colorado, and the cat was in town of Phoenix Arizona.
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 10:25 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Many "wild" animals adapt quite well to urbn living and become acclimated to people, they prey on garbage and eat pets, sometimes even becoming dangerous to humans, attacking children playing in their own yards, walking to school, and things like that. There are raccoons, coyotes, opposums, even BEARS that live inside even big cities. (Look up the stats, you'll be shocked) They have to be removed or killed, and it is the animal who pays for the loss of it's natural habitat, often with it's life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2009