What makes a person on here a Troll?

Just curious because I have seen it used a lot throughout the questions section.

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-14 Credits)
  • someone who tries to start something.

Or, if you don't agree with a large group on here, they'll start calling you a troll.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Someone who posts questions that they know will start arguments like What do you think about abortion, or bottle feeding vs breastfeeding? They're usually anon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Someone who is downright rude to a poster...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• what does asking questions about abortion or bottle feeding vs breast feeding have anything to do with being a "troll"
    You think those ppl are trying to start something?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• based on observations a troll is someone who disagress with what the poster is saying. a troll is someone who posts anonymous (no matter what the question). A troll is someone who posts "a stupid question so must not be serious" (I think many are honest questions, but people are quick to judge). A troll is also someone who responds with stupid remarks (such as if you make a silly remark or try to be funny, some think you are just trying to cause problems). Being a troll is very subjective here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• So pretty much a troll is someone looking for attention by being mean. Some of these question I think are asked out of curiosity and then people take it to far by attacking one another. It makes sense to me because I have had some mean responses to questions I have asked in the past and yes, they are anonymously answered.

These people to me are attention whores and they will say whatever they can to get a rise out of people so they respond to them and not the question.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Interesting to note that all the answers were from Anons. No disrespect...just an observation. Although I don't blame you...I know that there are 'Trolls' that will follow a persons screen name and leave nasty things on your page.
    I think some, not all, but some of the trolls are maybe just bored with their life and want to start something.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• "what does asking questions about abortion or bottle feeding vs breast feeding have anything to do with being a "troll"
    You think those ppl are trying to start something?"

For the most part, yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Trolls a.k.a. shit starters. Rediculous questions, totally disgusting questions. Bashing questions..for instance on here the other day someone had the nerve to ask "what's wrong with the "N" word, and then proceeded to tell a very racist joke...that my dear girl is a troll. People who just want to bash a particular group of people because of color, welefare, abortion etc. You can usually tell.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2009