letting a 14yr old daughters boyfriend live w her and knowing they have sex

my neighbors have a 14yr old girl- among 6 other kids- and they let her bfriend live w them, they let them sleep together, they smoke and drink all with the parents permission on the property. yes i know its ok by law for her to let her daughter drink at home.this family thou however watches a ccpl children that are threw dhs. I tell ppl that ask if their ok to watch kids and im like "hell no". I would never tke my kids to an environment that condones that behaviour. My question is my neighbor came over the other day basically braggin about her catching her daughter having sex w her bfriend after they gave her liquer.How would you handle this. I told her I could not let that happen in my house and she just smiled.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• They are trash-I would stay away! People like that shouldn't be allowed to have kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I know people who let that happen and now the 15 year old is pregnant. There's consequences to every action. Some people just don't care.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Hmm, well first of all, I'm not sure where you live, but where I am, my husband is a deputy sheriff, and if a parent is allowing and providing for an underage child to drink in their presence, not only can they be arrested, but they can also be cited for neglect, and endangering a minor!!!

Unfortunately, there are no laws that I know of that can protect children from the idiocy of their parents, should their parents be lazy/careless enough to turn a blind eye to such risky behavior, in terms of sex. . .If the way she parents makes you uncomfortable, try to distance yourself from her. There really isn't much else that can be done :(
    Jennifina

Answer by Jennifina at 11:30 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• That is crazy. There is no way that I would allow, let alone, encourage, that sort of behavior.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I think she is on something...
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 11:36 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• this family thou however watches a ccpl children that are threw dhs

So they are Foster Parents? If so call the agency and report this. The kids deserve so much better and need real supervision in a moral home. If they think it is cool to give alcohol and think it is fun to walk in on their 14 year old having sex and tell people who knows what else is going on over there. Sick people should be spayed and neutered.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I see this too much it's so heart breaking that that type of behavior is being passed down....
    some parents act like children themselves like they never grew up and then had children of their own to make friends with and play with. Drinking, smoking, using drugs and carrying on with their own children + their childrens friends... sick sick sick
    I know when I was younger I was at a friends house where their mother was dating and sleeping with a friend of her child, also smoking pot with them and everything... even at the age of 15 when I was there I knew that wasn't right.... I never went back to that house again... I think I was scared straight lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I totally agrree with anon poster 12:01
    These kind of people make me afraid to send my children out into the world....
    It's scary knowing your child might end up making friends with their child and spending time in that kind of home.
    I hope I can be a good enough parent to raise my children to know better and that I will know my children won't put themselves into that environment.
    I hope I never have to deal with neighbors to that extent...
    I think I would do whatever I could to get authorities over there...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• OP HERE- THEY WATCH 2 KIDS AND GET PAID BY DHS TO DO IT. I FIND IT HORRAABLE THAT ANYONE CAN WATCH KIDS THREW DHS AS LONG AS THEY PASS THE CRIMINAL BACKGROUND- I CALLED THEM AND NOTHING WAS EVER DONE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I cant stand hearing stuff like this. It sounds just like my MIL and how she raised my SIL. She is now 21 and meets a guy and immediately moves him into her appartment. Then low and behold she ends up pregnant, aborts, and has some awful std to deal with! It's gross and a horrible way to raise your children aka our nations future!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2009