onset of labor?

I am 39 weeks today, I woke up this morning with horrible pressure in my vagina and my hips were killing me. Now I have brown discharge and pain in my lower back and period like cramps. Does this sound like the onset of labor?

ttcgirl110

Asked by ttcgirl110 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like the early stages of labor to me. I woke up at 3am with period like cramps that came and went every 15 minutes throughout the day, and then around 7-8pm the real labor started kicking in.

Make sure your bags (and babys!) are packed, and make sure the car seat is in the car. Then, sit back and relax, maybe go for a walk, and wait for the real fun to begin :)

Good Luck momma!!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Have you timed the cramps?? it could be braxton-hicks contractions. If the cramps are irregular and don't get worse over time then its probably b/h. Also, if they go away if you change position then it's b/h. But if they are regular, and last 30-90 sec, and get worse over time, then CONGRATS- your in labor!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Sounds like it could be the begining of back labor :) Congrats mommy! Anytime now! Good Luck
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 12:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009