do really have to buy the expensive laundry detergent for your newborn?

can you use regular stuff if you rinse the clothes well.....

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no u dont have too .. but i brought 1 jug and used that till it was gone and then i washd his stuff with ours ..
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• we just buy the dye/perfume free soap, i use it on my 4m old twins and 3yr old DDs clothes, our towels and blankets and my clothes. SO uses a heavy duty soap on his clothes 9works construction so his clothes are nasty)
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• With all 3 kids I never used the baby stuff. It was fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• at first I just bought the perfume/dye free stuff but then I found purex's version of dreft.I use it now cuz its smells so good.I has that new baby smell LOL.And it only $3 and some change. The only place I have been able to find it is at ingles.There is no way in hell I would go and pay $10 for detergent no way.
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I've never used baby detergent.

Answer by missanc at 12:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I used one bottle of baby detergent with my oldest. (then switched to what we used on ours)

I started to use it on my next one, and it made him break out. I switched to what I used on ours...the kind for sensitive skin) And that's what I used on the third, too.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i like the purex environmentally friendly kind..i have used fragrance free in a few brands as well...they are alot cheaper than dreft and do the exact same thing...although i LOVE the smell of dreft and would buy it on sale just for the smell...if your baby is not sensitive with skin products you can use any kind.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• being a new mom, I thought dreft was the detergent you had to use on infant clothes, since it is "recommended by pediatricians", but after my first box was gone, I started using free and clear detergents. Now I use Sun, which we use for all our clothes. using one for everything has saved us money and we havent had any skin allergy issues with our son!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I use All free & Clear for the whole family. I also double rinse clothes. never used the spendy baby detergent
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No you do not have too. Make sure you use the same detergent though, or baby may be allergic. I switched scents one time, not even brands, and my daughter broke out awfully.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2009