when should a baby loose the passy?

jw how long is to long?

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's a good idea to loose it at 1 year the same with a bottle. at this stage, they don't want it to interfere with tooth development and placement.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• That's up to you when you want them to be gone.

We lost them at 13 months, 10 months and 4 months for various reasons.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• personally it drives me crazy to see 2 and 3 yr olds walking around with a pacifier. at that point its just a habit, not a necessity.
    My son is 9months and we're goin on 4 days without! yay...i'm not saying you have to do it the same as i do. i just got sick of looking for them over an hour and a half. lol so we made it through the first night, then i found two of them.....grr.....but i just figured if we could do it 3 days without much fuss we can make it, and its just one more thing outta the way. so far so good.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I would say about 1yr. I'm with AmandaN1 I don't think it's cute when 2 or 3 year olds walk around with it. My daughter stopped wanting it when she was around 7-8 months she's almost 10 months and she's been doing good.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2009