How can I get my two year out of my bed?

I am not one of those parents who does the whole co-sleeping thing. Since the day my daughter was born she has been in her crib in her own room. But recently, within the past two months she gets up atleast eight times a night and comes into my room. Now I am pregnant with our child and her father and I were having a lot of relationship trouble. So I figured maybe she was just feeling all the change and she was just insecure, so I stopped trying to put her back in her own bed because she would sleep all night in my bed. But I thought it would only be a couple of days, maybe a couple of weeks at most. Now it's been two months and she is still in my bed. It's driving me crazy because I like the whole sleeping in our beds and I'm getting bigger so it's very uncomfortable. I don't know what to do to try and get her back in her bed. Please help me!!!

NaamahsEmbrace

Asked by NaamahsEmbrace at 11:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got my toddler a princess TV for her room. Now she wants to sleep in there every night
    softchick21

Answer by softchick21 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Baby gate in front of door, keep the door open, give her a night light, or something comforting, and when she gets in bed with you take her right back to her bed, be consistent, she'll get it.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• u r right she is feeling all the turmoil around her. I am a co-sleeper. When I work the kids out of my bed I put a crib mattress on the floor beside my bed. get her to sleep there. over time(days/weeks) slowly move the crib mattress further and further from your bed
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My daughter does that too. I put a baby gate up and now I have to listen to her cry for me. But I do keep putting her back to bed. I pick her up and as soon as I do she falls asleep. It's frustrating. I'm hoping she gets past this stage soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It sounds like your daughter is feeling insecure about the changes in your home. If you are having relationship problems with her father and a new baby is on the way, that's a lot for a two-year-old to deal with. She's still very young and she needs your comfort to feel secure. Now is not the time to push her away and make her feel rejected, especially with a new baby on the way. I'm sorry you're not liking this, but it's part of parenting. She is still a baby and needs you. The best thing you can do for her is ease her back into sleeping in her own bed, at her pace. I think the previous suggestion made by anon 9:38 is cruel. Please don't do that to your child. Try to look at things from your child's perspective. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2009