When will I get my second Ultrasound?

I have an apt. on Sept 28th with my OBGYN I will be 20weeks and 1day when I go back. I called and asked if I was having one and the lady said I more than likely would but she wasnt shure because, it said I was down for a Regular apt. She said they usally dont put what it is for down and couldnt find out for me.
I was gonna ask my doctor but I hade went to the lab and then I didnt see him nomore after that but, the nurses kept saying I should be getting one.
I am highly confused and dont know if your suppose to drink water or if it matters where I will be 20wks and 1day. My sister inlaw said I should be getting one she hade the same doctor and he did one on her at 20weeks as well for an anotomy scan she said. I was hoping you all could help me out.
Thank you very much:)

honeysuckle09

Asked by honeysuckle09 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah i got one at 21 weeks gl
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I would think so
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I get another one at 32 weeks, my first pregnancy I had around 4, some docotors are different when it comes to ultrasounds.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You will get one but they will prolly make a separate appt for it at this appt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• you do not need to drink water for the 20 week ultrasound :)

Well drink water, but not to fill your bladder for the scan.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I had one at 21 weeks, but had to schedule different appt. And I HAD to have my bladder filled with atleast 64 oz of fluid.
    mkrmomma1

Answer by mkrmomma1 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Ya I am confused quit a bit. I have had one miscarriage and I have had two high risk pregnancies before this one. My second Lil girl I got gestational diabetes so with this one I am having sugar problems as well but with this one I have been able to control them when I first found out they had me coming to the doctor every week pretty much. I was able to keep my sugar kinda down so I haven't had to go as much know I go every month know. With my girls I had ultrasounds all the time so with this one its just confusing me to death and my doctor acts like he is always in a hurry with this pregnancy and its so hard for him to even take to secs to tell me whats going on. To be honest I go in every month and I don't even know what I am going in to see him about. I don't understand why the front desk couldn't just find out whether I was having one or not. This pregnancy is so different from my other two.

honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• The only one I had was with my amnio

Answer by rkoloms at 2:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2009