A Guy I Grew Up With!

I grew up going to church at my grandpa's, there is this family of two boys and we all grew up going to church together, but they lived a couple of hours away and only visited once in a while. Well I'm married but seperated, this guy is going through a divorce, our situations are very similar, and he is a great guy, and I have always like him, but we never dated b/c he lives sooooo far away, after my divorce in the future I would love to see where things take us, but I feel like I've already missed out and will never find a guy like him. We saw each other at church this weekend and talked some, I feel like we were always meant to be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I would say go for it but definitely after your divorces are finalized. As for the time that has been lost all you can do is make up that time. You can't go back in time only forward. I wish you both the best of luck.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 12:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Are you separated with the desire to reconcile or are you separated with the intent to divorce? If the latter, then go for it with this guy. My husband and I made it work when I lived in Colorado and he lived in New York. After a few months and a visit we knew that we wanted to be together, so he moved.

If it's the former, though, then you need to do some soul-searching. Do you want your husband or do you want your childhood flame? Is it worth it to salvage your marriage at the cost of a chance with this man? Is it worth it to give the other guy a shot and totally ruin any chance of reconciliation? These are questions you should be asking yourself.

Whateve ryou decide, I wish you the best!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• then go for it. youre both gonna be single, so i say go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• something tells me you two will be together for a long time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2009