I'm so freekin confused! anyone experience this before?

So I lost my mucus plug this weekend and then shortly after that i had contractions a good 10 minutes apart for a day in a half that eventually went down to 7 minutes apart. my lower back felt like it was on fire and it really felt like my inner thighs were being stabbed. walking drinking water resting eating nothing i did made the contractions go away or ease up. at the time i thought it was probably just because of my long car ride to my destination with my husband that weekend.. when i called my dr (along with a few others opinions) he exclaimed i was probably in labor and if i was feeling these symptoms like this again to come in. ever since yesterday i have only felt my low back pain, smal menstraul cramps and the horrible inner thigh pain... but no contractions.. maybe one or two Bh's. if i was really in labor why did it stop? i dont understand i feel fine now! so wth was that? i dont think i was in labor.. i dunno...??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• and for that day in a half i had brown discharge as well but that was also with the pieces of my mucus plug that came out. i didnt worry about the brown discharge before because dr told me that brown discharge could be from sex or an exam and i had had an exam on thursday as well right before all this started...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You may be experiencing back labor, in which you would not feel the typical contractions. I would go in and get checked out, just in case.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• sometimes labor starts but it isnt always active labor you will probably be in labor within the next few days
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I went through the same kind of thing with my first one. When you have the low back pain, this coming from my dr, he said to take a warm almost hot shower and let hit your back where the pain is, if the pain does not ease up then you are having back labor and should go in and at least get checked out. Also when you are feeling that pain or like the pms cramping feel your stomach and if you is hard and then eases up, that is a contraction. The pain in your thigh could be because the muscles contracting and pinching a nerve.........almost there mommy! Good luck!
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 12:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You need to get an appoitment with your doc. or go to the emergency room to see how far dialated you are.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Labor doesn't always just start up and end with delivery.
    This is a normal variation~ from what I know.
    Stay patient. That was important work, your body is doing what it needs to.
    AND keep in mind that sometimes the body is "yelling" at you because it's dehydrated~ so drink a LOT of water to make sure it's not a problem. :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i remember your other post i think, are you 36 weeks? i think doulala could be right that it was braxton hicks type stuff brought on from travelling...? GL!!! ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• lol im the same one! i hope it was we'll have to see on thursday when i go see my dr again though or if they start acting up again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• When in doubt go in! I was hesitant bc I had a false alarm and then that night I had major contractions and then that morning they were coming irregular so I figured I had time. Well my doc said go in now when I called and I had progressed to a 3 and had a bulging bag, which meant my water had to be broke. You nver know whats going on or if you are not as sensitive to the pain. I didnt think the pain was real labor yet and it was. You can go to labor and delivery as many times as you need..its better to be safe than sorry.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 1:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I had what felt like real labor stop and start several times with my second. It was frustrating, but it happens. That is why your provider has guidelines about when to go into the hospital (such as when contractions are 5 mins apart lasting one full minute for at least one hour) so that you don't end up in and out of L&D for false alarms.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2009