Thyroid medicine and sex, maybe TMI for some...

They have put me on a stronger does of thyroid medicine and every since they raised the dose my sex drive has shot through the rough, of course neither myself or my husband is complaining but I am just curious to see if this has happened to anyone else?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 12:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Health

• Nope, but I am hoping so. Hypothyroidism (not sure about hyperthyroidism) can cause a loss in sex drive, but not many people know that. Actually, my loss of sex drive is what made my doctor check my thyroid oddly enough. I have only been on my meds for a month now, but I can feel myself feeling more sexual on an almost daily basis. Still not where I want to be, but I imagine that sooner or later I will get back to normal.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• wow! what med are you on? I'm on thyroid med, and i haven't noticed that. Lucky you.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Opps, I ment dose not does, LOL! Levothroid 150 MCG they took my thyroid out because of cancer so we are trying to get it regulated.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 12:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I too am on Levothyroxine, but I am only taking 75MCG since I just started last month, we're still trying to figure out my appropriate dosage.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Lucky you..When I was taking that, my drive was gone and i was in robot mode with everything. Luckily my hypothyroidism was only pregnancy induced and I have been six months with normal labs and no meds. My drive returned and I am finally losing weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2009