Are you nicer in person then you are on CafeMom?

I've said some not so nice things in response to some posts. Of course I go anon. I've decided im only going to be helpful not hurtful. If I wouldn't say it to someones face in real life then I shouldn't say it through my laptop anon.

Jguevara

Asked by Jguevara at 12:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope, what you get here is what you get anywhere. BUT I have more interaction with people here than in the 'real' world
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i think i'm nicer on CM. only because i can think about my response first.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Way to go on the self accountability! Sometimes we forget that there is a real person with feelings and a story behind a post. I try to be respectful,but be honest,catering to someone's feelings or jumping on the bandwagon isn't always healthy or helpful. And yes what you see is what you get all the way around!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I'm pretty much the same person on here as I am in real life. However, I have been pretty mean to the builders of my house lately and i've said quite a few things out of character. Not that two wrongs make a right, but they have no problem expressing their opinions either. Every once in a while I say some things on here that would be better left unsaid, but I don't post anonymous. Just last night I was bitching about the food stamp questions. I'm not sure why I even care, because I don't get assistance. I guess, I just feel bad for some people and go off sometimes. I don't post anonymous, though, unless it's an embarrassing question, but I typically don't answer those.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I'm the same on and off of here, I'm nice but can be blunt too.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I am the same on here as I am in person. I don't do or say anything to anyone that I wouldn't like said or done to me in return. However, sometimes when we post things it may come off as bitchy and sharp remarked, but you can't hear the persons tone or voice. Some people say things that are meant to be sarcastic, but some can't sense it thru the writing. I often write things and then re-read and think, wow I sounded kind of bitchy, but didn't mean it like that. I think more when I type on the computer because I usually re-read over what I wrote, which sometimes gets me in a pickle because I can't think of another way to reword it if it comes off as bitchy. In person it just flows out of my mouth and you can sense my character by my tone.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 1:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Good for you! I never post anon, and even if I completely disagree with someone I try to do so politely. In fact I've made it a personal choice not to even read the anon replies and really wish CM didn't allow them.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I'm the same regardless. I love your post though!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I feel I am the same in person as I am on here. I do agree that sometimes it is hard to fully express yourself on the computer.
    burbanmom

Answer by burbanmom at 3:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I'm honest, I would not be different in real life than I am online. I don't cuss, not online or in person, but I also don't lie and if somebody I knew or didn't prompted a conversation asking me what I thought, I would tell them honestly.

I don't consider myself cruel as much as sometimes blunt which can be sometimes hurt those that wear their feelings low. I don't judge or make comments to those that parent, act or do things a way I don't like, approve of or would do, to me it's their life/family and they have a right to live it as they see fit. I also don't ask personal questions "pry", or prompt uncomfortable conversations, to me if they don't offer or ask then it's none of my business.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2009