i know you guys are psychics but....

Okay so I've been 4 cm. dilated and 70% effaced and contracting since Saturday night...

Contractions get stronger at times but then ease up again, so to make me more comfortable my doc gave me Ambien yesterday. I slept for a good 9 hours straight. Well when I woke up the contractions were pretty bad...I went to the bathroom and this is where it gets gross....I lost my mucous plug but it was soooooooo much. It was like half the size of my palm...so nasty and it just kept coming too.

Do you think the stronger contractions and the massive amount of mucous could mean that I may start making progress soon? Anything other than birthing positions that I can try to help me out? I'm extremely uncomfortable and quite a bit of pain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ANYthing your body does IS progress.
    Whether it's "measurable" or not is irrelevant.
    Work on doing what you can to cope through, good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I feel for you girl, i was in labor like that for nine days with my son. I could only get comfortable with a pillow between my legs and in a reclining chair. If you are up to it, walk as much as you can. The last day I was so tired of it, I actually went to the hospitol and parked and walked around the hospitol parking lot and inside until the contractions started getting stronger, then I went to the Labor and delivery. Good luck Mommy!
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 12:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Also try a sitting in the shower with warm water :)
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 12:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• just rest as much as possible and try to relax. it will come soon without you doing anything IMO. GL!!!! oh for the discomfort that you are (and have been!) feeling, have you tried soaking in the tub for a while. i labored in the tub during active labor for a long time and it helped a lot! or the shower idea from dolphin is good. you are definitely making a lot of progress. your body is getting ready.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I'd make an appoitment with my doctor, normally at a 4 they induce.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My MIL said that she did this with her second son. The doc told her to massage her nipples. She did it for about 30 minutes, left for the hospital an hour later, and delivered 2 hrs after she arrived!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• OP here - wow i just realized my type-o hahaha I meant "aren't psychics"!! hehe sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• At this point I would suggest being in labor and delivery already....At a 4 anything can happen you should be on a monitor if that is what you are planning to do anyways. I tried to wait it out, i was moaning all night from pain and that morning my contractions were between 3-10 minutes apart, plus I was having some show. I thought I had alot of time since they were not regular intervals but boy was I wrong. I called my doc office bc my mom kept saying I should (I had gone in for a false alarm the night before so I was hesitant to go again..dumb) and they said to go in right away. I found out I had a bulging bag and needed my water broke. I am glad I went when I did.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 1:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Oh and I was at a 3 when I went in. from a 1 the night before.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 1:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• OP- the hospital won't keep me if i'm not making progress. they sent me home saturday and i went to the doc to be rechecked yesterday and hadn't made any progress and she said they would send me home. they won't give me pitocin because i'm only 37 1/2 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009