Prepping Toddler for Airplane?

I will be flying alone with my toddler on a flight that will last WAY longer then 10 hours. Does anyone have any ideas for entertaiment or any videos on the web about the airport or inside an actual plane? I did visit the TSA website, but the videos were very short and did'nt really give a clear picture of what it was like.... Please any help at all would be great!

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If your lucky like we were our daughter fell asleep at take off and woke up on landing it was super nice. But I'd suggest maybe books for reading and coloring thats what we brought before we knew she was going to do what she did. I'll pray for ya :)
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• if you have the money you could get one of those portable dvd players with headphones and let her watch some movies or some shows. The headphones might help with the take off and landing (ive heard the popping hurts their little ears)
    Merrydish78

Answer by Merrydish78 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• We brought Bendaroos on our flight this summer. It was a big hit with my kids and we even passed some out to other kids on the flight. Other than that bring lots of snacks, small toys, drinks, etc... A DVD player is a great idea.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If it is an overnight flight, hopefully he'll sleep. Otherwise, we bring a DVD player with us (although the longest flight our kids have endured is 5 hours). I also usually buy a new toy that doesn't get opened until the plane ride (something new to keep them entertained). Books and coloring books and crayons have been a life saver for me. And make sure you pack lots of snacks.
    bhwrn1

Answer by bhwrn1 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009