Has anyone actually lost weight on Slim Fast?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 12:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• ahhh, the copy and paste queen is at it again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My sister lost 50lbs on slim fast only to gain it back after she quit using it.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• lost 8 pounds - gained it back when I stopped using it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I lost ten.. and then had to quit drinking it because I was allergic to the milk.. ( I use the powder kind ) and gained it all back plus a few.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I lost 4 in the first week...another 6 over the course of the month for a total of 10lbs, but I only gained 5lbs back when I stopped using it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I used to drink that nastiness when I was in the navy to lose a few pounds before the weigh in. Needless to say, I gained it right back.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions..

Answer by rkoloms at 2:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Actually rkoloms, I eat VERY well and do set a good example for my kids... I'm not losing weight. i eat TONS of veggies, very little carbs and only lean meats. We grill everything. All of my bloodwork numbers came back with flying colors. But I'm turning 40 and had 2 babies after 35, I just can't seem to jumpstart the weight loss, need to lose 15. Oh, and I walk, do pilates once a week and hit the gym. I'm doing everything right, but I fear my age and metabolism is against me. I've been thin and healthy my entire life, but having kids has changed me beyond belief.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009