Would you make the effort or not?

My friend Di, and I have had a falling out. She is the type of person that lives on gossip and if you are a friend of someone she doesn't like, she expects you to quit being their friend. I will not bend to her will like this but I don't expect her to be their friend but out of respect she needs to be courteous to them. She worked at a bar, quit, then when a friend took the job, she got mad at them for taking it and bad mouthed the bar. then when there was an opening, she wanted the job back and they wouldn't hire her. To the point of this. we have nutual friends that are partiers by nature. they buy drinks for every one but her because she can afford it. when they go on the cycles, she MUST be included. If anything doesn't go her way, she bad-mouths them behind their back but still expects them to be her friend. I told her that this was how I see it and she hasn't spoken to me since. I wasn't being mean (cont...)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Introduce her to some Jr High School students. Seriously ignore her until she come to you with her tail between her legs apoligizing for not being a grown up. This is the wake up call she needed. You did her a favor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I just wanted her to understand why they don't bend over backwards for her but yet she expects them to comply with all of her demands and then gets mad when they don't...she's not married to them (they are guys) and she's not sleeping with them either. should I call her or just let her go as a friend?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• She needs to find new friends, b/c you guys aren't her friends, and I dont blame you but she will be like this with everyone unless she realizes the kind of person she is, I wouldn't invite her to anything if she shows up I'd steer clear or keep convo to a minimal.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Mommarox
    I am a friend to her...I accept her as she is. I just told her how I saw the situation. Now, I can't tell if she is sulking or what. I hate to loose her as we've had some fun times but I don't know whether I should make the first move or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• How old are you two? 13?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You did the right thing. Now all you can really do is let her sulk and decide where she wants to go from there. As you said, if things aren't to her liking then she'll make a scene about it. If she's willing to lose a friendship then you should probably let her. It doesn't mean you have to refuse to speak to her, just keep her at arm's length. I have a friend like this and since I pointed out her tendency to step on people we don't hang out as much but our relationship is better because she actually took my advice and is trying to be a bit less terrible to people.
    Hope this helps.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 7:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2009