Expecting my first....

I am going to be a single mom and I am expecting with my first! I am 8 weeks today! As much excitement I have I am pretty nervous and scared. Is there any tips you have for me to relax. I work two jobs and the father of the child is being unreasonable. I also havent been able to keep a meal or snack down in almost two weeks and I cant get in to see my doctor for my first appointment until Oct.14, and I have so many questions.

SpecialK24

Asked by SpecialK24 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• don't let the horror story get to you!!lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Congrats!
    As a doula, I encourage moms to get self-educated as much as possible.
    Begin by thinking about what kind of pregnancy, labor, and birth experience you'd like. (Personal care, encouragement, medical or natural, etc.)
    And you can start by reading. And with a list of your MANY questions.
    Look up the answers and ask at your prenatal appointments.
    Supplement your reading with watching (normal-natural) birth videos. (Natural because there are realistic of birth, not with the interventions & drugs.)
    Take birth classes... There are different types. If you are planning a hospital & medicated delivery it can still help to understand how to pain-cope.
    (***I have all sorts of ideas~ let me know if you'd like to talk more.)
    Good luck! :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Since this is your first child checkout a library book about pregnancys. thats what helped me when i was pregnant with my 1st, knowing what to expect and what was happening to my body. good luck momma.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Congrats!! Cheers on the single mom thing. That is a brave position. However, I think more people should follow your path. Many ppl stay with their bf/husbands bc of kids and then both parents are unhappy and it gets passed on to the child.

Eventually the morning sickness will go away. I had it an extended amount of time with both my pregnancies too, but the end result is definitely WORTH it!

Just rest as much as you can. You need to be healthy for the baby to be healthy and being in your first trimester (which makes you extemely tired) and working 2 jobs has got to be difficult, so take it easy sometimes. I was working full time and in college full time when I had my first, I just remembered to take it easy when I was at home.

Hopefully you have a support group of friends and family. Take it easy and enjoy :)
    dolphinz1923

Answer by dolphinz1923 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• First tip, in order to keep food down in spite of morning sickness, crackers, Hot tea or hot chocolate anytime your sinus add to the nausia, small meals, avoid greese. I found the smell of fried eggs and coffee to be the worst and I wasn't even the one eating them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I recommend the book: "The thinking woman's guide to a better birth" by Henci Goer as a place to start. Then take it from there.

Avoid like the plague any of those "funny" commercial "dummy" books. They are useless and a lot of them are so negative its ridiculous and they barely have any relevant info that one can use for real research and learning.

Join a few Natural Pregnancy groups -- as they tend to have a lot more information available than the overcrowded due date groups.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2009