have you read "PUSHED" by Jennifer Block (and if you haven't please do. lol)?

I am just wondering you has read this book and what you think? I have read a lot of books on the topic of maternity care but this one is the most coherent and best read imo, that i have come across yet anyway. Actually I'm only about 3/4 of the way through.

I have seen a lot of people refer to it in their responses. I just feel like every man and woman should read it!!! :D Does anyone else feel so strongly?

I borrowed mine from the library so if you haven't read it yet, please check it out! or i'm sure their are used copies on half or amazon. it really really is good. IMO obviously ;)

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your Best Birth by Ricky Lake and Abby Epstien is good too. And Birth by Tina Cassidy.

Yes, I feel that strongly. We are so oblivious to what is going on IN OUR OWN CARE in the US. We need to get involved and understand and ask questions and DEMAND better care! I can't believe that the US is 31st out of 32 developed countries in maternal/fetal outcomes! That needs to change!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Yes, and Birth, good one too.

*and Born In The USA by Marsden Wagner~ also very important info for all women.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Birthing From Within by Pam England & Rob Horowitz is another good one.  I have some excerpts in one of my journal posts. 

I am planning to order Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth so that I can read it before I have my next baby.  I've heard excellent things about it.  I think I'll add Pushed to my reading list.  Thanks for the suggestion!

yakamoz

Answer by yakamoz at 1:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Pushed is one of my absolute favorite books. I love Jennifer Block.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i have read Birth and Born in the USA too. i really love Birth. Born in the USA is good and i love Wagner, but idk why i just like the others better. it's stupid but i think it might be because it's so disturbing which is perhaps and even bigger reason why everyone SHOULD read it. kwim?

i definitely want to read birthing from within and ina mays' guide but i'm waiting until i am pregnant because now i'm TTC. my first pg i read a traditional pregnancy book (*thumbs down*) and easing labor pain which was good.

thanks for your opinions ladies!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• oh and i haven't read ricki's but that's another i want to read. i'm a bobb fan though.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2009