palpatations...

i know i am under some anxiety lately but i am have irregular palputations today...its like if i move a strange way i get these.ive had them before and the dr just chocked it up to anxiety,but this time im just not feeling it..it feels different.there is no pain and i know it has been a stressful week. any ideas.and they seem to be lasting longer...

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Health

• I had that and i was really shakey, I ended up later being dianosed has having Hyperthyroidism. Good luck
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 1:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I had palpitations for a long time after I had my daughter. I still get them every once in a while. It's the skipped heartbeat feeling, right? From what I have read and what my doctor told me, it's really REALLY common, and stress is a big factor. They're harmless for the most part (except making your anxiety worse because you think your heart stopped beating! lol).

Just try to relax. Stress is cumulative... when you do take time to relax and de-stress it builds up and gets worse.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Are you drinking too much caffeine, taking any new medications? All of these plus the fact that you are under some stress will certainly cause palpitations. I am assuming the Dr. has checked you out and even possibly sent you home for a few days with a halter monitor? If not, you need to ask about this. That way the Dr. can actually see the palpitations for himself.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2009