Rep. Pete Stark, "I won't pee on your leg." Is this the who are elected representatives are? Are they actually this crass and out of touch?

This is video of a recnt town hall meeting. The video is kind of long, but worth the 10 minutes to watch. The Congressman's attitutde just defies description.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0909/Pete_Stark_wont_pee_on_your_leg.html

Other tidbits...
"Whether you think I'm a liar or not, I still want to get your input -- and I'll make up how I'm gonna lie about it after i get it."
"What good is a new job if you don't have the healthcare to go with it?"

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 1:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Honestly, it is not surprising. All people can be fools.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Now see when I brought up inappropriate levity or language while conducting their "official duties" previously I was basically told I was being uptight...

Shouldn't Senators use more Professional type of language in their "official" job?

An ill timed joke or an inappropriate colloquialism...is there a difference?

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• he totally ignored that one lady, he was picking lint and folding papers

a real winner there and we are giving him a great insurance and a cushy pension
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Uh, didn't he say that in response to the man saying something about peeing on his leg?
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 1:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Raintree - IMO the language an ordinary citizen chooses to use (an elderly one at that) should not dictate the language the elected official chooses. The man made that comment to elicit a response from the crowd which they gave him. The Congressmen didn't have to respond in kind. I would like to hope that those I have voted for would be above that.

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Oh I get it--perfectly okay for a GOP rep to call the president a liar on national TV during a congressional speech, but a Democratic rep says something, you all line up for the fainting couch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• what's good for the goose is not good for the gander. Okay, for some but certainly not for others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Goes to show our elected officials are unprofessional a-holes on both sides of the aisle.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2009