Pro-lifers what do you think about a woman who is raped and abortion?

I don't believe in abortion this makes me pro-life. However if a woman is raped I believe she should have the right to abort. I guess this makes me pro-choice. This is the onlye circumstance however in which I believe in abortion. How do you feel? What do you think?

Jguevara

Asked by Jguevara at 1:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• hard question- tough choice- i would say no to the abortion, but would give the baby up for adoption. murder is still murder & two wrongs don't make a right.
    what man/ devil meant for bad GOD can turn into a blessing
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think that killing the child won't do anything to erase the trauma. They are two separate things - a crime and a pregnancy. If anything, the trauma of the abortion may haunt the woman longer than the rape. You can go to counseling and eventually forgive yourself when you understand the rape is not your fault. You cannot blame someone else for the abortion.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I think it's not the child's fault regardless of how they are conceived. Aborting the baby is blaming the baby.

Adoption out of the child is the way to go in circumstances like that.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 1:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• abortion is abortion, doesnt matter how the baby was conceived. I was raped and if that wouldve resulted in pregnancy, I wouldve still kept the baby. If the raped woman still doesnt want the baby after she gives birth than she can give the baby up for adoption. But she should give the baby and herself a chance and life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I have been raped and I would NEVER EVER EVER carry some rapists child. I would RATHER DIE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

Then you are obviously not pro-life, so why are you answering the question addressed to pro-lifers?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I'm pro-life all the way. I believe that every child is a gift from God-regardless of how it was conceived. If God did not wish for you to have this child, then you never would have had it. Every time i hear of a woman having an abortion i think- I wonder what that child would have done it it's life time- Perhaps it would have cured cancer, brought about peace, or saved countless lives. Just imagine if MLK Jr never would have been born, or Sir Alexander Fleming who invented penicillin; how much worse off our world would be!!!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I don't want anyone to be attacked here. I am asking for opinions.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 1:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i don't think 2 wrongs make a right. the baby didn't do anything wrong. the rapest did. if i was raped i wouldn't abort but not cause it's a sin cause it's a real life and i couldn't bring my heart to end it. especially after all the children i have had. i've been raped too but it didn't produce any children. i have also given up children up for adoption as i was young. so seeing there are alternatives i don't see taking of an innocent life. also if your raped there is the plan b or morning after which prevents a life which i don't seem to think is abortion as no life has been concieved since it takes at least 12 days for conception to occur.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• That makes you pro-choice in extreme circumstances (like rape and the life of the mother endangered) only (which are actually about 2-3% of all abortions).

I agree with it being available for extreme circumstances....

.....but it would be my honest hope that a rape victim would immediately seek out a morning-after pill instead. This avoids a proper implanted pregnancy to begin with, and saves the already traumatized victim from the additional medical and emotional trauma of an abortion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2009