A tattoo of your own name?

So a girl I know just got a huge tattoo of her own name on her back. Ive never understood why people get their OWN name. I understand a family member's name, but why your own? Maybe to reference it if you forget? lol, jp. But seriously, if you have a tattoo of your own name, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a charm bracelet with my nickname on it.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Maybe they really like their name and want to show it off idk some people do the craziest thing maybe for attention I still don't know...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I love myself but I'm not concieted...that's strange.

I do know of a guy that has his name and wife's name as he has a disorder that makes him have amnesia and he wanders off. That way someone can identify him and get him home
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I did it when I was like 15 and now I regret it! I have no idea why I wanted my own name on me, granted it's my nickname but still. I want to have it removed but don't have the funds to do it. I know in some places they remove ex gang members tattoos for free so maybe I should say that is my gang name huh? then I can get it removed for free.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No.. I have my husbands name though. ;)
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 2:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Maybe because husbands can (unfortunately) come and go, but you will be with yourself forever? idk, That's the best I can come up with.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• In case I forget who I am lol...I have no idea. I would not even get my hubbys name, only my kids if I had to do names.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Maybe as a permanent form of identification in case she got into an accident and her purse was lost? All the ER nurse has to do is look at her tatoo and say, "Oh! This is who she is!" Problem solved, right? LOL
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2009