What are the chances I would be able to take my 14yr old with me & relocate due to economic & also past abuse issues to another state?

There is a record of past abuses, I left my spouse, then returned to him, but since took care of him for at least a year, then HE got a job, and now I can't. I want to move away from this state if I could find a job. If I got a good self supporting job here, I would consider staying here, but I think if I stay here another 4 years, it will be more difficult to relocate. I dont have the money to battle him to move away with our son; and now that we have been here through 2 grades, I am not sure my son would want to move with me. Thus, then I would be the one to pay child support and travel expenses. I am cornered.

proudmom40

Asked by proudmom40 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• First of all are you two divorced or have any other legal paperwork as far as custody goes? Please email me and I can see if I can help you.
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 1:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If you have history, on paper, of the abuse I don't see why an judge will deny you leaving the state. But me prepared to have to leave your son for long periods of time with your ex.
    AJsMom08

Answer by AJsMom08 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009