is it true that if i don't shave DD's head she will have bold spots when she grows up?

she is loosing hair and she is almost 4 months but everyone keeps saying that i have to shave her, because if i don't she will either have little hair or some bold spots, is that true? i really don't wanna shave her, i love her hair lol

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 1:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, it's absurd!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Heck no! Dont shave your baby! Love her hair it will all grow in right later!
    Juniors3Girls

Answer by Juniors3Girls at 1:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No, she will just have different lengths of hair.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• OMG. That's ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I have never heard that, and would never do that to my daughter! Babies normally lose their hair within a couple of months but it grows back, thicker and keeps growing. I wouldn't listen to whoever told you to do that!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• dont shave her!! she's prob just gettin spots bc of sleeping on her back. and every baby loses hair at one point or another. idk who told you that, but i'd really research any advice they give you.....if you want you can get one of those wedges so she sleeps on her sides, and therefore alternating what side of her head she lays on. if you are away when she naps, let her sleep on her belly sometimes (of course too if she lifts head and is rolling). OR just leave her, and it grows back!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• A lot of babies do have little bald spots on the back of their head where they sleep and lay down a lot.

Who cares! They're still cute, and I wouldn't get rid of their locks on top just to blend it all in.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• that is dumb. I know that my son was lost his hair when he was 6 months old..all but his front part (he had surgery and the hair that was left was the part where they didnt pull back his skin..and no they didnt shave his had he just lost it) When it all grew back it grew back all the same..he doesnt have any bold spots either. In fact he grows too much hair and we are getting his hair cut every month.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 1:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i have never heard of shaving a baby's head so the hair will grow in even. I wouldnt do it. Ur baby's hair will grow in fine on its own. The only time ive seen it grown in weird is when the kid pulled his own hair out.
    Merrydish78

Answer by Merrydish78 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• That's totally not true. I never shaved any of my kids but they got lots of hair....man...wish you could see them.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 1:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009