How can I get my 20 month old daughter to not be so shy?

Everytime Ari and I go on a playdate she gets really shy aroung little boys. She closes her eyes and clings to me. Also when my 3 year old nephew comes over she does the same thing. When she is around little girls she completely ignores them. I was wondering if there was a way to get her to open up. She is very outgoing and lovable with adults she knows.

Merrydish78

Asked by Merrydish78 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's just her personality I wouldn't changer her, just keep her around kids her age, I didn't like guys even guys in my family when I was a baby, and as I got older, I've always been a momma's girl.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Well, I agree with last poster. Don't try to change her as long as you let her have contact with other kids/people. She will grow out of it sooner before you know it.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 1:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• That's something I never really noticed about my granddaughters. The first one, she will play with anyone and everyone. The 20 month old, I am not so sure about. I haven't really seen her around anyone else. She's usually just with me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2009