If i had a regular blood test taken because of breathing would they have been able to find out if i was pregnant?

I had issues with breathing the other night they thought it might have been carbon monoxide, im 99.99% sure im not pregnant ive been getting my period every month im just curious to know if they could or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would sure hope so. i've heard stories of men making their SO take a urine test for them and finding out that person was prego. so i'm sure they look at your hormone levels and all that when you've been tested.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Did you discuss it at the time when they were drawing your blood? If not, than i dont think they checked for pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• They have to specifically check for it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It depends on the type of specimen they drew. Different tubes have different additives in them. At my lab, no, we would not be able to to a pregnancy test off of the specimen for Carbon Monoxide.

Also, they don't test for things they aren't told to by the doctor, so they wouldn't be looking for pregnancy. The only way for you to know for sure would be to call your doctor and see if they can add a pregnancy test onto your previous lab draw, and the lab will tell the doctors office yes or no (if they can or not).
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If I can answer any other questions for you, please feel free to message me.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• a specific blood test is done by obs to double confirm pregnancy combined with the mom's recollection of periods plus physical findings. since carbon monoxide possible or definitely inhaled if you said you might be pregnant they should have done a pregnancy test.

If in hindsight you're realizing you might be pregnant you should call an ob and tell them so you can be see faster in case you are.

Usually though a doc tells woman they feel a pregnancy test should be run along with any other kind of test but definitely a pregnancy test if a possibllity.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• They would have had to run the test to check your HCG level and if you were only having issues breathing, my guess is that they wouldnt have checked
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009