due date off?

i went in for my 35 week check up this morning, when my doc measured my uterus it was 37-38 cm. does that mean i am farther along then we thought?

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is normal to measure off a few weeks either direction but most doc's dont worry til you go more than 3 weeks in either direction.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No not for sure....could always be a possiblity, but basically when the baby is ready to be here, he/she will be here. Goood luck..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Yes it can mean that. But your due date is just a estimate to begin with. So If your doctors aren't worried about changing it just relax. Your little one will come when they want to.
    redhead-bedhead

Answer by redhead-bedhead at 1:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My second pregnancy always measured farther along than I was, but it's not a big deal. My baby was large, though.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• the reason i am so worried is cause i am scheduled for a c section.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Not necessarily.
    Baby could have a growth spurt, the measurer could be off, baby's position can alter the fundal height...
    No big deal, baby will still come at the perfect time for him/her.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• OP~
    I see your concern.
    It was only this last time you measured "ahead"?
    Was it the same person as usual?
    Did they redo it or have another person try it, too?
    Do you know baby's position?
    Can you schedule for later, IF they want to move your date?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i also worried cause my family lives out of state and when i had my son no one was there but DH. which is no big deal, i just got really depressed when he didnt stay over night with me in the hospital and i want family support this time. as much as possible, and i am afraid i wont have it if i am farther along then they said.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• this time today was the only time i think i measured ahead. and its the same person that does it everytime, she did not redo it,and i do know babys position she is head down and curled up in a ball down in my pelvic region and i am not sure if they can schedule for an earlier c section date. it took me forever to get this one.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• doc said baby is not large, she thinks she is about 6 lbs right now, she thinks baby will be an average weight somewhere in the 7lbs. so i dont see how she could be a large baby. i also asked the doc to do an ultrasound while i was there visiting.. she did one but i didnt get to see much cause the screen was not tilted where i could see. she didnt even print off pics for me, which was a bummer. she also told me that she is not trained on the ultrasound machine so pretty much she was going in blind. she told me she could put in an order for an ultrasound but she is afraid that my insurance(medicade) wont pay for it.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2009