what is a good gift to give to my brother who is coming from iraq? for the welcome back party?

besides money and gift cards....

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 2:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Make a big welcome home basket that has anything he might need.
    snacks, razors, soaps, gift cards, pictures, think of little things that they went without. Oh, and a nice roll of the super soft fluffy T.P. (sounds silly, but when DH got home, he said it was nice to have something so soft to use lol) maybe get a sleep-eye-cover thingy to help with the time adjustment. Dh was wanting to stay at home, so anything to make it easier to just stay home and relax would be good.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• A family picture. But maybe an oil painting one? A big one he can hang on his wall. Maybe a plaque that family and friends have written how much they love him?
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• according to most of the CM's on here, you just punch him in the face for taking orders from the new black socialist prez. Sorry, I know this was unapproriate, but I'm so irrate with all the stuff being said on here.

I'm a Iraq vet, and when I ame home I wanted to see pictures, videos, and mementos of stuff that happened with my family while I was gone. Maybe a scrapbook..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• A scrapbook is a good idea!

When my husband came home for R&R, we went to the mall (his idea!) and a balloon popped and he freaked out. He's fine now but then, whoo! He had to take a minute.

Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• well the party is after everything is settled down.... then were gonna have his party!!!

well i'm making him a homemade card with some cash but i don't think its that thoughtful.

well for his party were gonna have alot of themes that he missed like his birthday, easter, 4th of july, ect....
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 2:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i love the welcome home basket =)
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 2:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2009