I just quit my job.??

I knew when I walked into work today that it wasnt going to be a good day. I am a certified nurses assistant. The nursing home I work at has alot of heavy lifting and is always short staffed like most. Well the physical aspect of the job was ok. And usually I can ignore petty, cliquie people at my job but today I couldnt. I was sitting right in the lunch room feeding a resident and three employees were talking so much crap about me without even knowing I was sitting there. I was livid. I said some really messed up shit to one of the guys who was included and went to the director and quit. I'm upset because I'm almost 6 months pregnant and needed this job. And now I'm not quite sure what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• Get on WIC. It was a irresponsible move, but I completely understand how you feel. Try to find another job. It's true most probably wont give you the time of day (even though they're suppose to), but you'll never know if you dont try.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I think you over reacted with out thinking of the future and what your going to do to pay for this baby that is on the way. When you pregnant you are a lot more sensitive to what others say, and I'm not saying that it's ok for them to be saying anything about you, but you should have taken it up with you boss first and then go higher up if that didn't work. You just made a big mistake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Why did you quit so what some people were talking about you. Who cares? Work is not always fun and there are jerks out there most of us don't quit we realize we need the money to live and that job even if it sucks provides the money. It was very immature of you and irresponsible. I really don't feel sorry for you. You had a job and in this economy threw it away. You could have spoken to someone higher up but you quit.

I am sure you will say there were against you too. I have heard it all from my sister who has never held a job longer than a month or two. It is always someone elses fault.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• completely irresponsible and selfish thing to do with a baby on the way

Anonymous

• First of all Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I'm sorry for what just happened. Don't stress out, you don't want to upset the baby. Have you ever thought about working from home? I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 6 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I worked in a nursing home for 8 years, its not an easy job, especially when your pregnant. I also worked with some difficult people at times. Go to the director and explain what happened, chances are they will take you back.
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 2:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I don't really think that was a job suitable to you, especially being pregnant, anyway. Heavy lifting of patients and not know what type of stuff they might have, is not really a place I'd be if I were pregnant.

You can try to collect unemployment. There are some questions that might pertain to you, but I am not sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My best advice is to call the director, and see if you can come back, and perhaps the director can speak to the other employees.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I understand getting frustrated. I had a boss that was a complete jerk and I finally quit. I took my life in my own hands...I would love to talk to you. PM me and we can chat.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 3:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 16, 2009