How often do you vacuum and mop?

We have a four bedroom home a good size living room and a not so big kitchen (which makes my kitchen look junky) and not so big dining room.

Seems like my house looks the same no matter how much I tidey up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Vacuum 1 time a week. Mop at least 1 time a week unless there is an accident.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I vacuum at least 3 times per week - not because I want to but I have two dogs and a 3 year old so it is necessary. I mop at least once a week or as needed.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• We don't have any carpeting, so I only use the vacuum on furniture and the car. I sweep a couple times a day. I mop a couple times a week.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I vacuum twice a day but i also have a crawler so it's necessary. I try and mop twice a week but sometimes it doesn't 'happen.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 3:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I vacuum everyday. We have hardwood floors and a large rug in the living room.

I have a floormate and I use it 3-5 times a week. It depends on how much I need to use it.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i vacuum the living room every day. bedrooms, hallways, and stairs get vacummed once a week. i sweep and mop the kitchen every day. the bathrooms get swept every other day. and mopped twice a week.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 5:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Sweep, Swiffer AND vacuum EVERYDAY.

I love my OCD!
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 6:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I Swiff the floors about every other day. And I run the vacuum daily. My kids always ask to help so I bought a small hand held vacuum and they go around the kitchen getting up the crumbs around their table and anything they see in the living room or hallways. To clear out clutter can you buy or make a pantry somewhere? even if you need to put it into the garage it would help to keep everything you don't lose in another location or out of the way so that you can have your extra everyday things in the cabinets. When a kitchen is small it's best to keep as little as possible on the kitchen counter tops because it makes the space look bigger. Light colors also help.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• both once a week or once every two weeks, we are hardly home
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 3:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• vaccume once a week . mop everyday. I mean I have to . two kids and a dog. what a mess in the kitchen. with all those spills.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2009