Sewing/Halloween question?

Hi! I am a relatively amateur seamstress, but it is that time of the year. My four year old wants desperately (he started the day after last Halloween!) to dress up as the dinosaur from The Wiggles. I haven't been able to find a blanket sleeper the right color, so I figured I might be better off making one so I can make adjustments to it and have it be the right color.

My problem is that I am having an awful time finding a blanket sleeper pattern. I would love to buy one locally but there is no where here that sells patterns, and I can't afford to drive out of area at the moment. I need something relatively simple since I'm nervous about messing it up. If anyone has any suggestions for me as to which pattern would work best for me (in fact, especially if you happen to have a pattern that you'd be willing to sell me!) and possibly where on the internet I can buy it, DS and I would sure appreciate it! Thanks!

Bazora

Asked by Bazora at 2:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• buy a white cotton one and dye it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Anon-- thanks for the suggestion! I will keep my eyes open, but I haven't been able to find any white ones in his size locally either (I live in a really small secluded town, and our nearest neighboring town is a 50 minute drive one way, an hour and a half one way to the closest Walmart)
    Bazora

Answer by Bazora at 2:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Do you have an old blanket sleeper you could take apart and use as a pattern?

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 10:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• http://cgi.ebay.com/Wiggles-Dorothy-Dinosaur-Halloween-Costume-3T-4TNIP-_W0QQitemZ360185597809QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090903?IMSfp=TL090903148005r12117

Maybe just buy it? Fifteen dollars is about what you would spend on the materials to make it anyways. And I feel like it will save your sanity :o)
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 4:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2009