When did it become fashionable to be a bitch? I was just looking through the groups on CM and noticed a lot of "bitch" groups?

When I was growing up it was considered an insult to be called a bitch (to me, it still is). When did bitchiness become popular?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 2:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• About five years ago. Get with the program!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I don't know same with being a hoe and skank-seems like those are the "cool" ways to be now.

I don't want any part of it.
    Anonymous

• I think it has to do with the fact that the majority of the time when a woman expresses her opinion in a strong manner and doesn't back down, she is called a bitch. I think some woman try to embrace it and turn the insult around to make it something good.
    Anonymous

• I've never seen someone think it is cool to called a ho or skank. Bitch, yes, ho or skank, no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Lol- no need to be a bitch about it, Anon # 1!
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 2:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Are you kidding? Just looking at some of the siggies around this site makes half of the women look like hoes and skanks or wishing that they were.

Why post a sexy cartoon picture with your name if you don't look like that?? I see pics all the time of these skank pictures-but then when you see what they REALLY look like, I am like, WTF?? Why put a pic like that there.....bc they WISH they were like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I agree. I would, would have and will always consider it an insult. It ranks right up there with baby mama. How disgraceful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• LOL! This post reminds me of my mom. She is very opinionated and isn't afraid to speak her mind or speak up when she thinks something is not right. She knew people would call her a bitch behind her back so she started wearing a shirt that said "you think it's easy being a bitch?" So I guess she is one of the pioneers of the bitch movement!
    momof3jll

Answer by momof3jll at 2:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• LMAO!!!! Baby mama=being called a bitch-thats some funny stuff right there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Is it just me or is seeing the word bitch over and over making it seem less insulting?! Now it just seems like a nonsensical word!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2009