My son is almost 4 months old and he has been sticking his hand in his mouth for the last 2 weeks gagging himself and he does it quiet a few times during the day. Does anyone else's baby do this?

Does ne one eles's baby do this?

LoHgAnS_Mommi

Asked by LoHgAnS_Mommi at 6:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah my son does that too.... but hes only three months. sometimes he gets his whole hand in there and the worst is when he gets just one or two fingers. as far as i know its normal.... ive baby sat a lot of kids who did it also.
    edwinsmom2008

Answer by edwinsmom2008 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• my niece used to do that but finally outgrew it. it used to scare me to death!
    haydenmomma88

Answer by haydenmomma88 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My niece, also 4 months, does that too. Its kinda funny because my sister and i will be talking or something and we'll hear her and my sister will freak out and now she does it with her feet too!
    CaiBaby

Answer by CaiBaby at 7:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• He is just discovering this new trick he can do! It's just him exploring.
    renajennjenn

Answer by renajennjenn at 8:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Yes, DD does this now. They're just experimenting with their new found toys. Eventually they will stop. :D Don't worry too much!
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 9:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Lol ya, my son does this. He also chomps down on his hand and cries when he does it too hard :)
    Trishintraining

Answer by Trishintraining at 10:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Yes, completely normal. And be on the lookout for teeth, they do this even more if they teeth young. My son got three teeth at 3 months and couldn't stop chewing and gagging himself.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Lol I thought my daughter was weird for doing this too. She loves to stick her whole fist in her mouth and then that makes her vomit. I believe it's normal, and it's okay as long as they are not getting rid of all their nutrients.
    iri24

Answer by iri24 at 5:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• yes my son dose it all the time..he is 4 1/2 months and has been doing it for zbout a month or two now and has just started learning that when he dose it ....it hurts i dont do nothing because as he gets older he will learn
    ryansmommyxoxo

Answer by ryansmommyxoxo at 4:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2008