what could be wrong?

My son is 10 months old. The past 2 weeks he has had a lot more dirty diaper, and they are almost diarrhea (sp?). What could be causing this? Do you think I should be concerned enough to take him to the doctor? I hate to take him in if its nothing, our copay is expensive. Could teething cause it? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be. What have you been feeding him?

Answer by louise2 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Teething can cause diarrhea or loose stools in some kids.
    Or if he's started any new foods.
    I wouldn't worry about it unless he stops drinking or if in another weeks he still is having loose stools.
    For now I would start him on some probiotics... you can find this in Yogurt... so like 1 yogurt/day or if you would rather, you can get chewable ones at GNC and you can crush it and put it in apple sauce or dissolve it in juice or water.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Juice in any quantity would ALWAYS be the culprit in our house! Is he running a fever? Does he act OK otherwise? If otherwise he is fine, I would give him some extra water and some cheese and bananas!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My sons both had loose stools while teething. Just watch for signs of dehydration & increase fluids.
    Amy82

Answer by Amy82 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Could be teething. !!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• do like the mom in the other section did GIVE HIM PEDIALYTE.... that really helps!! but get him checked out... bring him to emergency room.. president Obama passed the law for free visits and no co-pay..
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• oops bill not law!!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2009