My 4yo doesn't sleep well....any idea what's going on?

My son, who is 4 1/2, has been having trouble sleeping at night for about a year, on and off. He no longer naps during the day and goes to bed around 8pm (just like his two younger sisters). He has shared a room in the past, but he currently has his own room. He oftentimes wakes up between 3 and 5am and can't seem to get back to sleep for at least an hour. During this time, he comes into our room every 15 minutes or so, making comments about how "his foot hurts" or "he wants to tell me something", and other misc. excuses to be out of bed. He rarely mentions that he is scared and almost always goes back into his bed when I tell him to (until 15 minutes later, when he comes back), but the real question is...WHY is he doing this?

I was thinking today that perhaps he has a sensitivity to something we eat. I don't know what, but it was just a thought. He doesn't eat excessive amounts of sugar or anything else I can think of.......

fluud7

Asked by fluud7 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ........Has anyone else had this problem with their toddler? Or anyone have ideas about what could be going on?
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009