What time does your 3-4 year old go to bed?

What is your child's usual bedtime? Or do they not really have a set schedule? Do you think that there is a cut-off time that is just way "too early" or "too late"?

I ask because more than once I've had people just shocked at my kids' bedtimes.

EmeraldsMommy

Asked by EmeraldsMommy at 3:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• 8 or 8:30 I get him up at 6 so by 8 he's out
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• what time does yours go to bed? sometimes my dd is in bed by 7:30, it just depends on how early she wakes up, but usually 8:00 is bedtime
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Both my kids (3 years and 19 months) go to bed at 6:00, which doesn't seem too early to me! They start to get reeeeeeaally cranky if they're up much later. If the 3-year-old has had an especially busy day or the 19-month-old skipped his nap, one might go to bed as early as 5:00.

They both usually wake up on their own between 6 and 7.
    EmeraldsMommy

Answer by EmeraldsMommy at 3:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• School night....8pm if no nap, 8:30 with nap. (he's in an integrated preschool)
    Non-school night...8:30 if no nap and 9pm if he takes a nap. He usually opts to take "no nap" and go to bed earlier. LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• whatever ur used to and works for u,my 3 yr old doesnt go to sleep till 10.i feel like a bad mother,but it works for me and my schedual,so im not TOO botherd when people judge me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My 3 and 4 year old go to bed at 9:30. They usually ask to go to bed at that time, but God forbid you try to put them to bed at 9:15. lol Some kids - mine included - are more night owls and are more crabby the next morning if they have to go to bed before their bedtime. And they get their beauty rest too, since they don't wake up until 9:00 or so the next morning. Whatever works for your family is what you should do!! One thing I learned after having kids - one thing won't always work for someone else and tell the critics to mind their business.
    2punks

Answer by 2punks at 4:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My daughter goes to bed at 8:30 every night unless we aren't home for some reason.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• ds has been going to bed at 7, but he's 4 months and doesn't really have a set schedule--dd however is almost 3 and goes to bed at 8 every night and gets up anywhere from 6am to 8am.
    Lanasmom

Answer by Lanasmom at 4:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Our 2, 3, and 4 year old kids all go to bed between 7.30 and 8pm.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My 3 1/2 yo is supposed to (key word: supposed to) go to bed at 7pm but she routinely stays up later because her older siblings don't have to be in bed until 8pm. If she has been good or took a late nap (like today...she fell asleep around 3pm) she can stay up later.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2009