Need advice about a business proposal I need to write.

My husband was recently told his company is closing in two weeks (love this economy). Anyhow, he is trying to start his own business and wants me to write a proposal so he can get a contract his company will be giving up when they close. He needs to have this proposal done by this Friday and he asked me about it today. I have searched the web for "free" information regarding writing such a proposal and have come up with sites that want me to pay. Can't afford that right now and the local library lost their one copy of such a book. Can anyone help with any advice? I have never written a business proposal before and I don't know where to start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

momofthreekjs

Asked by momofthreekjs at 3:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• As of matter of fact, I just wrote an article about this yesterday:

How to Economically Start a Small Business

The first step contains ideas for finding a business plan, it might help you too.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Have you tried Score.org or LinkedIn?
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 3:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Google “business plan”.
    A business plan is essentially a road map. It answers questions like: how will the company be financed? What is the marketing plan? How will the company be financed? Who is the competition? Etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2009