"What are THOSE, Mommy?"

These are the words that escaped my 4yo son's mouth yesterday when he walked into the bathroom and saw me putting on my bra. LOL. (My bad. I didn't have the door closed!) Apparently he doesn't remember the last time he saw boobs, which is good to know, but I still found it mildly horrifying and hilarious at the same time. I simply told him, "That's Mommy's chest."

Anyone else have "horror" stories like this?

(I jest, of course. I know he's not traumatized, but I found it a little embarrassing....)

fluud7

Asked by fluud7 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yesterday, I found my three year old SON putting a pantyliner in his underwear. I guess it is time to keep the bathroom door closed at all times now.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My 15 month old (stopped BF when she was about 8 months because my milk dried up over night!) will pulled down the front of my shirt CONSTANTLY. So the other day I go off work early and was picking her up from day care (which, by the way I RARELY get off work early). There was a single dad there who I have never met before, but was really cute, so I sat down with my DD and was talking to the day care provider about her day, etc. and in front of this guy, the day care provider, and 4-5 other kids, she pulled down my shirt and bra exposing EVERYTHING.

So, trust me, it could be a lot worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I guess that I am guilty. Well, my 3 y/o boy sees me changing a lot or go to restroom and if he asked me, I answer in the way he can understand. I don't feel embrassed at all. So does this make me a worst mom of all?
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 3:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Ocsosomom-Heck no! I have a 15 month old girl and I teach her EVERYTHING about my body. She showers with me quite a bit and she'll point at my "girl hair" and say, "What's that?" And I explain it to her the best way I know how. Same thing with my chest, and I tell her she has them too, they just aren't big yet. I mean, granted it is a little different with a son than a daughter because you can't explain to your son that his will get big someday, too... LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• we dont have a whole lot of privacy in our house. the only thing i can think of that might be embarrassing to others is my 2 yr old son will show me his boobies & then lift up my shirt to try & see mine - lol!
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 3:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My son is two and a half and hasn't seen me without a bra and panties on at the very least.
    He calls my chest "Bra". I taught him to say that in case we are in public. I don't want him to yell out something like "Boobies!", etc. :D

When I use the toilet and he's there (we are potty training), I make sure to bend over enough so he doesn't get a view of my front half. Of course, he's not in the bathroom with me during tampon changes and showers.

He does see his daddy completely naked though. Just not mommy.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 3:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My boys know that women and men have breasts, that they have nipples, and that women just happen to have bigger breasts than men. (well, okay...usually we do LOL) They all know that boys have a penis, and that women/girls don't.

We had to have that discussion after my oldest asked his first preschool teacher what "those are", and then tapped her chest. She said that was her chest, just like mommy has. He replied, "Mommy doesn't have a chest THAT big".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Anonymous 1:02 ..."Mommy doesn't have a chest THAT big."

LOL!!! That was really funny.... This was a good one!
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 6:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I have a bad habbit of changing in my bedroom with the door open... Well the other day my son walked in before I could snatch up my bra and said, "Look Mama, I got boy boobies too!!" and lifted up his shirt to show me! I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing!
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My daughter sees just about everything that happens to my body including THAT time of the month. One time I forgot to lock the bathroom door and I had just taken a new tampon out of the box, she asks "What's DAT?" And the best response I could give was "It's a mommy wand honey." Next day we went to the supermarket and she saw this Disney fairy wand and said "I want my own wand, just like mommy!" really loud so the next person at the checkout line heard her. She thought it was cute, but I was mortified hoping she wouldn't say anything else. Luckily, she didn't and needless to say, I got her her very own "wand".
    CoolMommy86

Answer by CoolMommy86 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009